The San Bernardino County Public Defender is a leader in innovation, developing and implementing programs to operate more efficiently and improving individual lives.
Using a holistic approach, the Public Defender seeks to increase client opportunities for achieving self-sufficiency. In addition to providing legal defense, our agency also seeks to arrange client access to social service programs and assistance with receiving alcohol and drug rehabilitation services and counseling for mental health issues.
We are grateful and proud of recognition for our efforts by various organizations. This is a tribute to all of our staff members who, in addition to their regular duties, often volunteer their time to charity and community assistance organizations.
Below is a list of some of the awards:
- National Association of Counties
- 2016 Achievement Award—Gateway Mock Trial Program
- 2016 Achievement Award—Law Day
- 2015 Achievement Award Award—AutoFACTS
- 2015 Achievement Award—Removing Every Barrier and Rehabilitating
- 2012 Achievement Award—iPads Project
- 2011 Achievement Award—Alternative Approaches to Rehabilitation
- California Public Defender’s Association
- 2015 Program of the Year Award— Removing Every Barrier and Rehabilitating
- 2012 Program of the Year Award—iPad Project
- 2010 Program of the Year Award-- Alternative Approaches to Rehabilitation
- California State Association of Counties